Off The Mold

A 20' Ulua hull by Conrad Ross in Florida.  Eye candy for sure.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous. Are the decorative patterns rice paper? Is there a source?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's Hawaiin fabric. Idea was from Tominoki's YouTube video of his Ulua in Okinawa. So many cool patterns it was hard to pick. He laid his under the fiberglass which sounds really slick but I couldn't figure out out how to position and keep in place for wet out. So I did it after glass w/ it's own wet out and fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm jealous of your smooth fair hull, I got a lot of orange peel. Enough that I'm considering using some fairing filler and not finishing bright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks brilliant! Perhaps it's the angle, but is the hull deeper than the plans call for? I was contemplating doing that to mine.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment