Wa'apa in Luebeck, Germany

 
 
 



From Christian Glockl:
"I built this 24ft-version using your plans and paddled it first in 2010. The year after that I spend equipping the "Nukunonu" with sails ... unfortunately my budget was kind of low and I wasn't too sure about my abilities of making a sail, so I took what I could get - a too stiff windsurfing sail, a mast that was too small and a small sail from a kayak. All in all the sailing abilities weren't too good, but I'm going to improve on that the coming year, especially as Johannes (the one that wrote about is Wa'apa rig on wheels) gave me some advice of how to do it.

Apart from that I'm really proud of my Wa'apa. In 2010 some friends and I did a 500-mile paddle tour with 4 persons and a lot of luggage in it down the river "Elbe" - and made it to tell the story. I'm hoping to find the time to build hollow-box Iakos and a new rig this year."



Comments