The lazyboy Effect

Finally got a little more wind, maybe 10-12 knots.  As an experiment, I lashed on a pair of old rusty beach chairs onto the hiking seats.  Amazing!  Total comfort and no more backache from sitting on a hiking seat for hours at a time.  Now for some drink holders :-)
Yesterday I peaked out at 7.7 knots of boat speed according to my GPS.  


I never had a proper mount for the GPS, but even if you have one it exposes the instrument to flying sheets and halyards.  There are already too many things to catch lines on, so I built an internal mount with a small plastic window in the aft water tight bulkhead.  A short bungy holds the GPS in place.  I like it.

Comments

  1. Nice repurposing of the beach chair- you have me thinking about how a clip-in kayak seat might work there also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of cup holders, how about a beer bladder pressurized via a hand pump with a hose and valve that wil reach to either side?

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment